Friday, September 7, 2012

Hello!

Hello everyone!

My name is Paoling. I come from a very diverse lineage, so try not to get too confused. My mother was born in Peru, but my grandparents are Chinese. My father's mother is Afro-Ecuadorian, my father's father is from the mountains. My father currently resides in Japan and after living there for almost a quarter of a century, he is considered to be a Japanese citizen by most standards. I believe that my background has been the primary source of my curiosity for pretty much everything. I want to learn as much as I can, about as many things as I can.

Traveling is among my many passions in life. This picture was taken in Mexico, about two years ago.




Not too long ago, an acquaintance asked me about my career goals. As always, my answer was to be a journalist. She was very cynical about the field of journalism, to the point of asking me if I plan on writing blogs for the rest of my life, hitting the lottery, or having a rich husband as "plan b". Aside from offensive, she is wrong. There are so many other aspects in the field of journalism other than blogs, that some people just don't understand. Studying media has allowed me to see the world through different angles and to understand how much the world needs media. That's why there is hope. We live in an era of story telling in which everyone is becoming a pro. Social media has become an essential way of communicating, sharing information, and interacting with people from all over the world. It is fascinating to watch it evolve.

A great source of inspiration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc

No comments:

Post a Comment