Monday, September 10, 2012

Intro's are always the best!

Hello classmates!

My name is Nicole Araujo and this is my fourth year at Rutgers University. I am majoring in Journalism with a minor in Criminal Justice. I have always been interested in media and how it affects our everyday lives and in the past year or so I have become more interested in the law and ethics behind media. I am planning on attending law school after I graduate focusing on media and entertainment law. When I first told my parents I wanted to go to school for journalism they looked at me like I was a little crazy, I guess they were hoping I would become a doctor or something. They asked me if I wanted to work for a newspaper, which is usually the response I get from most people when I tell them I’m majoring in journalism and media studies, but little do they know there is so much more than just writing for a newspaper. Media is all around us and it's inevitable to not surround yourself with it so I figured I might as well be a part of it!

I interned for Baristnet last summer, which gives you news about local towns and it was a great experience writing for an online website. It's a great website to just browse on and see what's happening in different towns, everyone should definitely check it out!

Here's the link! Enjoy :)







No comments:

Post a Comment