Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lights, Camera, Action


Hello!

           My name is Heidi Huerta and media is my life. If I’m not reading blogs, I’m texting, Facebooking, Tweeting, Instagraming, or doing all of those things while watching television. I also have a passion for television production. To me, there is no better feeling then entering a television set of a live show and having to set the lights, cameras, teleprompters, mics, etc before going on air. It’s definitely a chaotic working environment but that’s why I love it so much. I enjoy the whole aspect of editing and capturing footage. Knowing that I can create any package I want and then publish it anywhere is an amazing luxury. 

        Working with Rutgers University Television Network located in New Brunswick for the past three years has helped further my interest in media and my experience. My professional goal is to produce a live morning show. I’m a morning person and as I mentioned before – there is no better feeling then walking on set. My academic goals are to graduate with two degrees; one in Journalism and Media Studies and the other in Spanish. I'm looking forward to a great semester and learning new and exciting things about media!


Heidi Huerta

Here is a link to a video of Inside Anderson Cooper's: "Bullying it Stops Here" show. I was part of the CNN crew who helped with the production of the show last fall. 

Also you'll see above a picture of me working as a crew member for a Rutgers televised fundraiser called Dance Marathon.

Here's another link to the Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run. It's a 5K run happening in December to benefit people suffering from Arthritis whether through Rheumatoid Arthritis or other diseases such as Lupus. Feel free to join (pets included)!

No comments:

Post a Comment