Friday, September 7, 2012




That used to be me, James "The Slacker" Fernandez.

Rolling around without much of a care in the world until I went and got laid off in January of 2011. You could say it lit a fire under my ass. I got myself back in to college to try to finish it off, get myself somewhere stable in the world and at the same time finally get my mother off my back.

I'm a journalism major and on track to graduate after next semester. Some people say things like music or numbers are the only things that make sense to them in a nonsensical world.  For me its words. If I'm not writing, I'm going crazy thinking about what it is that I should be working on. Words are what I know. I did the struggling artist thing long enough but always found my energy being drained by whatever b.s job I had to have in order to keep a roof over my head.  I figure at least with journalism I may have half a chance at sanity or alcoholism, whichever comes first.

Here's a link to my blog on wordpress I started working on over the summer. More to come.

http://jamesrfernandez.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment