Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Arts ❤


My name is Mecca McDowell. I love to read, however I enjoy it more when I am able to see a book come to life through movies. Seeing the action in the movie and the growing anticipation of what is going to happen within the moment (even if I have read the book) is exciting. If I’m really into a book it will take me a couple of days to finish, while I can watch multiple movies in one day which allows me to explore various advantages in short amount of time. I am into the creative part of life it has to offer. Being able to see pictures, video, and art is a very intense tool that can affect people in many different ways. ( I like the idea of that). Since I was 9 years old I have been playing the Sims game which I believed have greatly influence me with having a passion for art. From the Sims first debut in 2000 their graphics have tremendously improved. Which is amazing and the fact that we can have that power intrigues me.

I plan to graduate with a degree in Graphic Design and Video production. While I have not pinpointed my dream job, I have explored the idea of a career in web, advertising game design, and or director. These are just a few of the many career choices that I have considered. I am constantly watching movies (& forced commercials) while playing my sims and checking my facebook. All of which is connecting me to the entire world. Media to put it simple is everywhere; it is hard to avoid being constantly influence and involve in the media. Being a Graphic Design and Video Production major would make me apart that; what you see on TV/online could possibly be my doing which is exciting.  

Following is a link to an article: "Who's Using What Media and When?"




Pictures: Sims , Sims 2 , Sims 3

No comments:

Post a Comment